Description: Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship For the students from African countries for pursuing postgraduate study (Honours and Masters Degrees only at present) at any recognised South African institutions of higher education.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate study (Honours and Masters Degrees only at present) at any recognised South African institutions of higher education.
Field of Study: Scholarship is awarded in any field.
Eligibility Status: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory.
Nationality: Students from Africa (Algeria,Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Mandela Rhodes scholarship.
Scholarship Value: The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
Scholarship to be taken in Country: South Africa
How to Apply: All applicants apply online via the Embark application system. Applicants have to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- National ID/Passport
- Motivation letter
- Reference Letter
Visit Scholarship Webpage For Details
Application Deadline: The closing date is April 18, 2017.
Award Provider: Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship